Monday, 10 July 2017

A List Of Quotes That Will Make You Feel More Positive


So my Harry Potter Inspirational Quotes List did so well I thought I'd do another list of quotes.

There are many reasons people feel the need to hear or read quotes; whether to get through the day, motivate themselves or even just because they enjoy them. I have always loved Pinterest for Quotes, well graphics of quotes, but the best quotes come from books, films and people. Positive quotes are the best and motivational quotes are what keep me going and reminds me of what I can achieve if I try. I've written down a few of my favourites. In fact, when I was going through my A-Levels, being told by teachers I wouldn't achieve and while doing my university essays etc these are a few of the best that got me through. They also reminded me, while battling my Mental Health issues, that life is precious and we only get one, so to make it the best I can.



Abraham Lincoln Quote
https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/402720391669287192/
"It often requires more courage to dare to do right than to fear to do wrong."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." 
- Albert Einstein

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."
- Buddha

“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”
- Buddha

"It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop."
- Confucius

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." 

- Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes you can't see yourself clearly until you see yourself through the eyes of others." 
- Ellen DeGeneres

"Courage is grace under pressure." 
- Ernest Hemingway

"The best revenge is massive success." 
JK Rowling Quote
https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/402720391669287202/
- Frank Sinatra

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

“It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

"We must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy."
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

"Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving."

- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

"Not all those who wander are lost."
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

"If we wait until we’re ready, we’ll be waiting for the rest of our lives."
- Lemony Snicket, The Ersatz Elevator

"It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then."

- Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." 

- Mae West
Thomas Edison Quote
https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/402720391669287216/ 

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." 

- Mahatma Gandhi

“Hate. It has caused a lot of problems in this world but has not solved one yet.”
- Maya Angelou

"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
- Oscar Wilde

“You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.”
- Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft


"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." 
- Thomas Edison

"All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them."

- Walt Disney

"Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm."
- Winston Churchill

"If you're going through hell, keep going." 
- Winston Churchill

I hope these can help you in some way. Write them down, tell other people, even get a tattoo of them as many have! Quotes are a great way of inspiring and motivating yourself. All of these can be personalised to your situation in some day. For me not only have they helped me through my studies but also to help me come to terms and live with my chronic illnesses and infertility issues.

(The quote graphics can be found on this Pinterest board

For more places to find me go to my TwitterPinterest, or Instagram

7 comments:

  1. I love this! I am huge believer in motivational quotes. They seem to always put me in a better mood and just get more done. Thanks for sharing!

    xoxo
    Stacey
    @stylingsofstacey | http://staceylyynn.wixsite.com/stylingsofstacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful! Love this post!

    Belle | www.OneAwesomeMomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such an affirmation and motivational quote nerd ... I've got a notebook beside my laptop that I use to jot down favorites when I come across them. :) You've got a lot of good ones - love the Dr. Seuss and Mae West ones the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really needed to read these quotes today! Been feeling a bit off on this rainy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is "We must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy."
    - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Never really got into Harry Potter but I see J.K. Rowling had some wise words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." - Oscar Wilde.
    Love this one. It's so true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love motivational quotes! In fact, I keep a journal of my favorites. I have been in a foul mood today, so this helped!

    ReplyDelete