Friday, 31 March 2017

My Top 5, Most Loved, Disney Movies

So I wanted to do a light-hearted blog post today, one that everyone could enjoy! It has been a strange week for me, lots of things going on and I didn't fancy being too serious. So instead I thought why not share my top 5 Disney movies. I don't think I've ever met someone who hasn't loved at least one Disney movie! I mean there is a lot but they are so well made and usually so well cast it's a given really.


1. Beauty and The Beast




Beauty and the Beast Trailer ImageUS Release Date- November 22, 1991



An arrogant young prince and his castle's servants fall under the spell of a wicked enchantress, who turns him into the hideous Beast until he learns to love and be loved in return. The spirited, headstrong village girl Belle enters the Beast's castle after he imprisons her father Maurice. With the help of his enchanted servants, including the matronly Mrs Potts, Belle begins to draw the cold-hearted Beast out of his isolation.


This is my favourite of all Disney movies. It has been for as long as I can remember. From the animation to the soundtrack I love everything about it. The thought of singing furniture running around everywhere just adds to the fun! I often find myself singing the songs at random times in the week!


2. Into The Woods



Trailer Image Taken From Wiki

US Release Date- December 25, 2014



As the result of the curse of a once-beautiful witch, a baker and his wife are childless. Three days before the rise of a blue moon, they venture into the forest to find the ingredients that will reverse the spell and restore the witch's beauty: a milk-white cow, hair as yellow as corn, a blood-red cape, and a slipper of gold. During their journey, they meet Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel and Jack, each one on a quest to fulfil a wish.


I love this. The songs are so catchy and I love James Corden so much. I also really enjoy the idea of this film, what happens after happily ever after? I enjoyed this film so much I went out and bought the DVD instantly and watched it again, twice! Now it's even on Netflix so all I do is rewatch it.




3. Finding Nemo

Trailer Image Taken From Wiki

US Release Date- May 30, 2003

Marlin, a clown fish, is overly cautious with his son, Nemo, who has a foreshortened fin. When Nemo swims too close to the surface to prove himself, he is caught by a diver and horrified Marlin must set out to find him. A blue reef fish named Dory -- who has a really short memory -- joins Marlin and complicates the encounters with sharks, jellyfish, and a host of ocean dangers. Meanwhile, Nemo plots his escape from a dentist's fish tank.

This film is a feel good movie I think everyone must have seen at least once! For me, however, it adds more meaning. This was the first and only film me and my brother sat down to enjoy. From the age of about 6 months, we would sit and watch it snuggled up together in bed or on the sofa.
Still, at 3 years old, we enjoy watching it and he even saw Finding Dory in the cinema (his first cinema experience)


4. Toy Story

Trailer Image Taken From Wiki

US Release Date- November 22, 1995,

Woody a good-hearted cowboy doll who belongs to a young boy named Andy sees his position as Andy's favourite toy jeopardised when his parents buy him a Buzz Lightyear action figure. Even worse, the arrogant Buzz thinks he's a real spaceman on a mission to return to his home planet. When Andy's family moves to a new house, Woody and Buzz must escape the clutches of maladjusted neighbour Sid Phillips and reunite with their boy

This is a classic Disney film. Toys that are actually alive, I mean to a child like me that was all I ever wanted! I didn't have many friends and regularly talked and played with my teddies and they never spoke back to me. I would have loved for them to talk. Its a feel good movie for any age!



5. Atlantis.

Trailer Image Taken From Wiki

US Release Date- June 15, 2001 

An inexperienced young adventurer becomes the key to unravelling an ancient mystery when he joins up with a group of daredevil explorers to find the legendary lost empire of Atlantis. A naive-but-determined museum cartographer Milo Thatch dreams of completing the quest begun by his late grandfather, a famous explorer. When a journal surfaces, an eccentric billionaire funds an expedition and the action shifts to high gear.

Now, this film is amazing. Not only is the story itself brilliant but the fact it uses people of different races and religions and tackles subjects like sexism etc just makes the film seem so much more. This film was the first film I saw where I was taught its ok to dream big and no dream is silly. Also, I've literally only just found out Milo is voiced by Michael. J. Fox! Am I the only one who never realised this?!



You can read my last Top 5 post about the people who inspired me to blog by clicking HERE

For more places to find me go to my TwitterPinterest, or Instagram

*Disclaimer* The synopsis's of the films came from their Wikipedia pages. They are not my words. The images are also taken from the Wikipedia page, all have the URL images link in the titles.




No comments:

Post a Comment